Jewelers of America elected Terry Burman group CEO of Signet Jewelers Limited and chairman of Sterling Jewelers Inc. as JA’s new chairman of the board.
He succeeds John Green of Lux Bond & Green West Hartford CT. Burman was elected during JA’s Board of Directors meeting in July.
The following directors were also elected as officers:
- chairman-elect – Georgie Gleim Gleim The Jeweler; Palo Alto replica bvlgari classic watches CA
- vice chairman – Michael Kowalski Tiffany & Co.; New York NY
- vice chairman – Jeff Corey Day’s Jewelers; Waterville ME
- treasurer – Peter Engel Fred Meyer/Littman Jewelers; Portland OR
- secretary – Vicki Cunningham Cunningham Fine Jewelry; Tulsa OK
In addition to the executive committee elections JA welcomed seven industry leaders as new directors. The following directors will serve on the board through 2011:
- Tom Andruskevich replica watches president and CEO Birks & Mayors Inc.; Tamarac FL
- Ryan Berg vice president Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry; Metairie LA
- Jeff Hamra owner Hamra Jewelers; Scottsdale AZ
- Bev Hori vice president Ben Bridge Jeweler; Seattle WA
- Theo Killion president Zale Corporation; Irving TX
- Beryl Raff chairman and CEO tudor fake watch Helzberg Diamonds; North Kansas City MO
- James Rosenheim CEO Tiny Jewel Box; Washington DC
In addition to chairman John Green outgoing directors include Marvin Beasley of Helzberg Diamonds Artie Bennos of Simms II Jewelers Jon Bridge of Ben Bridge Jeweler Steve Robbins of Robbins Bros. and Michael White of White’s Jewelers.
For the complete list of JA’s 2009-2010 Board of Directors visit www.jewelers.org/aboutJA/board.html.